Asian Wings are a delicious alternative to the traditional buffalo wing. The rich, sweet and complex flavor profile will have your tastebuds dancing. We like them fried, but these subtly sweet wings can be air fried, baked, or grilled.
- Sectioned Chicken Wings (also known as Party Wings)
- Blonde Beard’s® Dojo Asian Wing Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Green onions
- Fresh Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- If time allows, brine wings over night. This tenderizes and also ensures nice coloration and prevents them from drying out. Check out our Wings 101 Cookbook for a full guide on making and brining wings.
- For Fried Wings: Preheat peanut or corn oil to 375° - 400°. Slowly and carefully, place thawed wings in oil. The cold wings should drop the temperature of the oil to 350°. Cook at 350° for 12 - 15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oil, allow to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Toss in Dojo Asian Wing Sauce, top with sesame seeds, green onions and sliced jalapenos.
- For Air Fried Wings: Pat wings dry. Place in air fryer basket cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Do not overcrowd. Check and flip. Cook another 15 minutes on other side. Check and continue to cook until desired crispiness. After 30 minutes, check every 5 minutes. Remember crispy is better. Toss in Dojo Asian Wing Sauce, top with sesame seeds, green onions and sliced jalapenos.
- For Baked Wings: Preheat oven to 425°. Pat wings dry and place a cooling rack on a baking sheet, spray rack with cooking spray. Toss wings in baking powder, about 1 Tbs per 2 lbs of wings. Arrange wings in a single layer on rack, bake for 45-60 minutes, flip after 25 minutes. They are finished when they are thoroughly cooked (at least 165°) and the skin is crispy. Toss in Dojo Asian Wing Sauce, top with sesame seeds, green onions and sliced jalapenos.
- For Grilled Wings: Preheat grill to medium high heat, 350°-400°. Pat wings dry and coat with Blonde Beard's Rooster Rub. Grill in single layer over direct heat. After a few minutes, flip and coat with sauce. Grill for a few more minutes and flip again. Apply more sauce. Repeat grilling, flipping and saucing until wings are cooked through and skin is crispy and bite through. Toss in Dojo Wing Sauce, top with sesame seeds, green onions and sliced jalapenos.