BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA
Our favorite pizza is the homemade kind. And it’s all about the sauce. We use a family recipe to create this delicious buffalo pizza sauce and top it with Chicken & Waffles Buffalo Chicken, crisp celery and buttery blue cheese.
Blonde Beard’s Buffalo Pizza Sauce (recipe below)
Pre-made Pizza Dough (from refrigerator section in grocery store)
2 Cups grilled, fried or leftover Chicken
1-2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1-2 Cups shredded Italian Blend Cheese
1 Cup shredded or chopped Celery
½ Cup shredded or chopped Carrots
¼ Cup chopped Onions
Blue Cheese crumbles (optional)
Blonde Beard’s Chicken & Waffles Buffalo Sauce
BLONDE BEARD’S BUFFALO PIZZA SAUCE:
4 oz Tomato Sauce
4 oz Blonde Beard’s Chicken & Waffles
1 Cup fresh Basil
2 tsp fresh Garlic
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
(refrigerate or freeze the leftovers)
- Preheat grill or oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet with a layer of corn meal.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently roll out to a circle about 1/4 in. thick.
- Par-bake dough for crispier crust. (optional) (follow pizza dough instructions)
- Make pizza sauce. (can also do ahead of time and refrigerate)
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces and toss in Blonde Beard’s Chicken & Waffles.
- Brush Blonde Beard’s Buffalo Pizza Sauce on the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle on Mozzarella and Italian Cheeses (saving some for topping).
- Add your toppings; Chicken, Celery and Green Onions.
- Sprinkle with Blue Cheese and/or remainder of other cheese.
- Follow pizza dough instructions. General rule of thumb, bake for 10-13 minutes. Check around 8 min. Pull when crust is golden brown.
- Drizzle with Blonde Beard’s Chicken & Waffles.